• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The late Tony Miles fishing equipment.

We are going to auction some items of Tony Miles fishing equipment and would very much like the bfw community to be aware of this.
For example, items such as his two initialled tench fishing rods and a set of three barbel feeder rods tackled up and ready to go.

We intend to use my ebay account in the name of ousechubfisher
and are hoping to start the auction this Wednesday 25th Jan.
Adrian Busby.

Last edited:
Adrian I'm sure we will all follow with interest can we share this through some Facebook pages.

I am not on facebook myself Clive but it would be good to let as many people know that some of Tony's fishing gear is available to buy,so I am sure facebook can only help.
Regards Adrian.

I sure even the smallest things would sell well. I think lots of people would be interested in owning even a small thing of Tony's he influenced lots of us.

I remember the late Peter stones tackle auction at the yearly Barbel society do years ago, everyone bid well on all the lots.Lets hope Tony's auction goes well

Tony Miles Auction

tony miles was a huge inspiration to me as I'm sure he was to so many and would like to look at the auction but am having trouble finding it could you please let me know when you are planning on holing it so I don't miss it thank you

Now following your account on EBay Adrian. Wish you all the best with the sales, I'm sure these but will create some cherished items.

Bare with me lads I'm a Dinasor with technology but how do I follow Adrian please? I've tried putting in his name, ousechubfisher and Tony Miles but can't see a thing.....help !!!!!:confused:

Thank you Stephen...you're a Gent :)

Adrian, I can't see any mention that these items belong to Tony ? I'm sure it would help sell them for a good price if it did.

Apologies to all for the delay in starting the auction this was largely due to an internet problem,I have now listed 10 lots of fishing equipment which i believe were all used extensively by Tony. A couple of things are just small items to see what the interest is.

Adrian, I can't see any mention that these items belong to Tony ? I'm sure it would help sell them for a good price if it did.

Thank you Cliff. I have now adjusted the ebay listing titles (where possible) to include Tony's name as I previously only mentioned Tony in the description of the fishing gear.

Such a shame the items are " collect " only. ( no postage ), i think with postage, more people would have bid.

The items of Tony's fishing equipment are collection only due to their size and delicate nature. I also need people to be happy at what they are getting before any money is paid.
I have put a postage on Tony's carp/cat rig pouch as this I feel is ok for me to post out.

Last edited:
The items of Tony's fishing equipment are collection only due to their size and delicate nature. I also need people to be happy at what they are getting before any money is paid.
I have put a postage on Tony's carp/cat rig pouch as this I feel is ok for me to post out.

Understood Adrian. :eek:

Back