• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Korum Standard Lead Clip Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Williams

The Korum Standard Lead Clip Kit by William Pastuszka

image1.jpg

The kit comes with a 4 compartment pocket sized storage box (ideal for the roving angler) for £3.49 & you get :

•10 x Lead clips (suitable for leads/feeders up to 6oz)
•10 x Tail rubbers
•10 x Size 8 barrel swivels
•10 x Pins to lock the swivel into the lead clip which you can see in the picture below.

I think Korum should have put more thought into this kit by putting in rubber shock beads to give us the best of both worlds. I have been using this kit with the locking pins which is designed to be an anti eject bolt rig! I have also used this kit without the locking pins & incorporated a rubber shock bead, which to be honest doesn�t make any difference other than the lead clip moves freely up & down your mainline.

One of the main problems with this kit is that the tail rubbers tend to be a bit tight when brand new but do soften up after a fair bit of use, so I have been using them without the locking pin until those tail rubbers soften up otherwise if your mainline was to snap the fish would be towing your rig around (not a good thing to happen).

Another reason why the tail rubbers are so tight is because the lead clip has got flanges on (which you can see in the above picture). This is what Korum have to say about the kit on their website Korum Angling Products - Fishing Made Easy

image2.jpg

LEAD CLIP KIT SEMI FIXED SAFETY RIG
A bolt rig is where, on picking the hook bait up, the full weight of the lead is felt by the fish causing it to bolt off giving very positive bite indication. A lead clip provides the safest most efficient type of rig for bolt rigging. As the swivel is held in place by the pin, if the lead is snagged or caught in heavy weed it will eject to prevent the lead being attached to a broken rig. For variable tension on discharge alter the position of the sleeve on the ribbed lead clip.
INFORMATION
Sizes: Standard & Mini

Not bad for the price the kit is worth buying but because the tail rubbers are so tight I will give it 8 out of 10

William (Will from Notts) Pastuszka
August 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back