• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The joy of fishing

Howard Cooke

Not sure it actually needed confirming, but this forum can really bring about meaningful changes to ones fishing when more experienced anglers provide great insight and share their wisdom. This evening I brought a number of recent bits of advice together to try and stop a short run of blanks. A simple rig. Gluing the pellets to the hair. That lovely lovely hemp oil from Tesco. A short session on the Kennet and a fish of 10.12. Thanks to all. I was so happy I could almost forgive those bankers for fiddling the interest rate books. They were only doing their jobs after all.

Bob- I just coated a small amount of mixed sized pellets in a bucket as loose feed and then dunked my glued hook bait in the bucket of hempy goodness.

Chris- I said almost. And agree with you. Should we throw the key away or fix it to a wall mounting in full view of the bankers but slightly out of reach?

Well done mate, good fish that, have to agree with you most of the advice n tips on here have been gold standard n helped me in my fishing when things have hit tricky.

Mark

Well Done Howard. Excellent news.

And when it gets colder, use monster crab to dunk your hookbait in.;):D

Graham

Monster Crab, very old school Graham but still one of my favourites......I even like the smell of it, takes me back to my school days and the back of the bike shed.

Nicely put Howard, and well done, but whilst those bankers 'doing their jobs', they were costing others theirs.

Should be made to do some payback scheme for the community... that Bob Diamond is as slippery as a Severn eel

Thanks Neil. I was being playful re the bankers ie they are up to this sort of nonsense so much it has become their full time daily jobs.

Nicely put Howard, and well done, but whilst those bankers 'doing their jobs', they were costing others theirs.

Should be made to do some payback scheme for the community... that Bob Diamond is as slippery as a Severn eel

Blimey Howard that was my 1,000 post :eek:

But great to hear you got your mojo back, this place is great for tips, I agree, the only thing opinion is divided on drilling and gluing pellets, I drill, but will certainly give the old s. glue a go, but knowing me I am bound to fix my fingers to-gether :)

And they said the Kennet was finished...

Monster Crab, very old school Graham but still one of my favourites......I even like the smell of it, takes me back to my school days and the back of the bike shed.

MC nice ;) , but I've got something arriving next week so revolting posties are refusing delivery unless PPE is stepped up to nuclear handling levels.

I've this hunch - single hook bait, stinking like hell.

I'm trying to work out where to store it - yes, by all accounts, its that bad :eek: AND catching on the ponds (now where's that throwing up smilie like they got over on 'THE PIT' ) :D

Well done Neil - 1000 not out :)

Back