• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Idle Angler

Martin Stevens

Been a while since I posted on here, not in the least because I've had a few seasons of inactivity, including not wetting a line once last season. So it seems a little cheeky to come on here to mention that a good friend of mine has just had his first angling book published. Even more so due to me featuring pretty heavily within its pages.

However as he's not such a great self publicist and the book so far has been an absolute pleasure to read, I thought I'd give you all a prod.

The book is The Idle Angler, published by The Medlar Press, and the author is one Kev Parr, former member of this site whom one or two of you will no doubt have met on the bank back in the days he used to fish the Kennet.

Anyone who enjoys a bit of Chris Yates will appreciate the book and hopefully it can attract the greater audience it deserves.

Back