• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Big Fish

T'is moved :)

Oh dear, Total fishing meets Great British bake off. Stand by for novice anglers on a fishery near you.
Seriously, this will almost certainly raise the profile of angling, the competitors and Matt Hayes.
Back in the 70's my friends and I spent a lot of time frequenting the snooker halls of London, often above and underneath Burtons tailor shops. When snooker was first televised, almost overnight it became very difficult to get on a table at all.
If this new program does encourage new interest in angling as a sport it can only be a good thing overall. The tackle shops need all the help they can get at the moment.

Cracking series. Really enjoying tonight's episode - I deffo want to go fish for sturgeon in British Columbia.

Cracking series. Really enjoying tonight's episode - I deffo want to go fish for sturgeon in British Columbia.

I'll second that. Brilliant program and those surgeon look prehistoric! Felt so sorry for the lady that lost that massive s turgeon. You could see how exhausted she was and she was shaking afterwards.

Dave

If you are going for sturgeon make sure you do weights for about a month before hand,they wreck you.Watching a 400lb plus fish jump completely out of the water, 10 feet behind the boat is amazing. One day i remember drinking my beer through a straw,i was so knackered i could not lift my glass without possibly dropping it.British Columbia is most wonderful place for fishermen you can fish the Fraser river for sturgeon and the next day bank fish a side stream for salmon (on a free fishing river) a few miles away.Maybe we should do a BFW trip

Yes Dave its an Arry i do like to fish around the world.The Canadian experience is one of the very best,very safe,great food,fantastic people and stunning wildlife and fishing.

Just caught up with the latest episode, easily the best so far. Stunning scenery and fish, not quite the Kennet I'll be fishing tomorrow.... A BFW trip sounds very interesting.

Just caught up with the latest episode, easily the best so far. Stunning scenery and fish, not quite the Kennet I'll be fishing tomorrow.... A BFW trip sounds very interesting.

Echo Darren's thoughts. What a totally breathtaking place. I'd certainly be up for a trip!

My son and I did this for three days with Freds Fishing Adventures.
Chilliwack BC
Top drawer !
Caught loads up to 80lb and one 8 footer.
As Mark suggests should have done weights,tore ligament in my arm playing the wee thing.

Its awsome.
Came top as a choice in the recent survey i did on here.

Am going again as soon as can.

Anyone up trying to negotiate a package deal for those genuinely interested?

Graham

I guess 10 days about £2.5 - 3k all in

Back