• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The best club to join in the Midlands!

Any one got any suggestions of good fishing club to join in the midland area!

BIRMINGHAM AA loads of waters and a snip at £32

Google their website, it's all there.

Water Guide is worth every penny too for the newbies:rolleyes:

Oi Fletch !!!

Beat me too it (again)

Depends entirely on the sort of fishing you want and the cash you have to do it.
The BAA are cheap. Got loads of water, some is very good, but selling day tickets to all comers has considerable disadvantages for regular anglers. However this is what keeps the price down.

The White Swan Piscatorial is expensive but worth the cash if you fish on rivers and ponds and do some fly fishing as well..
You get semi private fishing and tidy river banks and well managed pools with the WSP and presently no waiting list.

The PAAS, long waiting list but covers everything you may ever want to fish in the Midlands, North west and North Wales. Great if you like rules as well:)

There are some very, very good smaller clubs that are worth looking at, although they may have waiting lists and in some cases you may have to be local. Smaller clubs usually have well managed waters and offer good value for your cash.
Kinver Freeliners (Steve Williams is the man to ask) got some nice bits on both the Teme and the Severn and a very nice estate lake; Worcester Angling Society (the oldest coarse angling club in the UK) and St Johns for the Teme .

Montgomery Angling for Upper Severn and Vyrnwy

There are many more so I am sure other will add to the list.
Links to some of these clubs here

Last edited:
As others have said, it totally depends on what your looking for Danny.

Plenty of info on the internet about which waters clubs control.

Do your homework, and you should find something that suits you.
Plenty of excellent clubs around our area.

Steve

Join several,for the price of one or two syndicates.

Kinver Freeliners,BAA,Worcester and District, and a whole host of others ,but first three would give you loads of great fishing .

I'm a member of Kinver Freeliners and I can highly recommend it. The club has some excellent and varied waters which are rarely busy, it's well run by a good committee and the members all always well-behaved, knowledgeable and friendly. The downside is that there is a waiting list.

www.kinverfreelinersac.com

Back