• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The basics forum seems ver quiet

John Walker

Hi, if any guys new to barbel fishing need any help or info dont be shy in asking on here, that also goes for guys with queries or needing answers who already barbel fish, no matter how simple a question or query:)....j.w

Speak for yourself Mark, cos I know nuffin but just to many questions too ask:eek:....... I spose a good opening question would be, how do I catch on my local stagnant brook that's rather sparsley stocked:(:rolleyes:.

Hi, if any guys new to barbel fishing need any help or info dont be shy in asking on here, that also goes for guys with queries or needing answers who already barbel fish, no matter how simple a question or query:)....j.w
how do i catch a barbel from the cherwell?

If I asked a question now I'd have forgotten all about it by June.:eek:;)

I don't suppose that "How do I catch barbel from my local muddy hole?" would be a particularly good question.:D

easy peasy Dave, kill all the otters in it then restock with barbel and wait 7-12 years mate, easier way is to fish another river and rename it cherwell;):)
oh for those early debates on leaving otters alone to reappear, i bet most who supported leaving the otters to devastate our barbel have changed their minds now, theres a new type of barbel in our rivers its called ghost barbel
do they really exist as some say they have seen them;)....j.w

I think this Message board should be changed to Barbel Tackle, instead of basics and keep Barbel Talk, solely about talking about barbel.
TBH it doesnt get used much.

Jon

Last edited:
Good idea Jon - problem is with the omission of talking tackle in the barbel talk section new (useful?) threads would be even sparser.

Back