• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Barn Owl!

Stuart Wright

Was fishing the upper Thames this evening but, as ever, action was slow. As it was heading towards dusk I spotted a pair of Barn Owls quartering an adjacent field. As I wasn't having much luck anyway, I decided to pack the gear away and try and get some photos of the owls.

So out into the middle of the field I walked before lying down and making some strange squeaking noises to 'call in' one of the owls. I'd never done this before, but remember hearing it was possible on Springwatch once. So you can imagine my surprise when after 20 minutes or so one of the owls came straight in!

The photo doesn't really do it justice because it was truly breathtaking, but I was still very pleased:

BarnOwl.jpg

Fishing isn't all about catching fish :)

It must have been a good night for barn owls last night. There was one working the field opposite me on the Loddon. There aren't many sights to beat it.

Steve

Wow ! what a shot, brilliant Stuart, and you're dead right fishing isn't always about catching fish :)

Ian.

Back