• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Barbel Societies Barbel Show, supporting Anglers Against Cancer

Lawrence Breakspear

Not long now for a show, that's for all things Barbel.....

Attachments

• barbel show poster 2019 extended.jpg
    barbel show poster 2019 extended.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 261
  • barbel show poster attendees 2 .jpg
    barbel show poster attendees 2 .jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 260
shame its now moved to far north for us southerners 😞

North ?, North Gerry ?
Telford isn't north.
They should hold it in Barnsley, Manchester or Newcastle. But they won't !!!!!!
Mike😁😁😁
Mike its defo North of me mate ? .............as I live in Hillingdon (thats close to Heathrow Airport )
wonder if it will be as well attended at this new venue ? as opposed to the previous location ?

I get where your coming from Gerry, its still a long way south for me. It would cost me £55 before i left the house, £15 entrance fee, and approx £40 in fuel. Having never been to a BS show, i don't know whether it would be worth it. From Lawrence's advert, it looks like lots of listening with a few stalls thrown in. Just my thoughts, and i could be a million miles off. Are there any BS members on here who can convince me its worth it ?

I have been to a few Derek, one of the best was just half a mile from me, one of the speakers was Dave Mason, very informative and entertaining.
All in they are very well run, and an oppurtunity to meet some well known names, meeting the Pope, Trefor, and many more must have inspired them I am sure. :D
Bob James I would certainly like to meet, if only to shake the hand of the co star of one of the best t.v series, ever, and not just because it's Angling.
His remarkable Roach catch is up there as as the best of all time for me.
Probably the best 50 odd quid you could spend Derek.

Derek, I have attended quite a few from the start,its a great day out for Barbel anglers, but for me as Gerry said 6 hours driving now if roads are clear is just too far. Why not try to find some other lads from Liverpool that are going to help spread the travel costs. Maybe lads on BFW going should team up all over the country.

Best pre show ticket sales ever, where else could you to speak to and listen to John Bailey, Bob James, Phil Smith, Paul Garner, Des Taylor, Ade Kiddell, Dave Harrell and John Costello, all talking barbel, plus a Trade hall full of bait deals, a book launch and an aquarium full of barbel, and barbel ova from Calverton, the Angling Trust CEO, the EA, Calverton fish farm, the Chub Study group .... its the only Barbel event and it's all happening in less than 48hrs time we hope to see you there.

Last edited:
Hi men,

How did it go Lawrence?, had grandkids over tge weekend , or i might have been tempted .

Hatter

Hi men,

How did it go Lawrence?, had grandkids over tge weekend , or i might have been tempted .

Hatter
It was a tremendous success, great venue, great trade hall, and above all else great speakers, the EA's Calverton Barbel in a tank was a tremendous draw, we raised £400 for the Anglers against Cancer, our chosen charity....the show was a force for good, a great day!

Back