• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Angling Trust respond to the Barbel Society petition...

Neil Blood

Spot on for me:

Didn’t Boris Johnson’s mrs say that 95% of fish caught die after release?

I actually think her involvement was twisted, as it appeared in the Daily Mail. Ever since the Daily Mail’s pro hunting pay masters, discovered she was mates with Chris Packham, they’ve been running a bit scared and trying to rubish her.

I actually think her involvement was twisted, as it appeared in the Daily Mail. Ever since the Daily Mail’s pro hunting pay masters, discovered she was mates with Chris Packham, they’ve been running a bit scared and trying to rubish her.
I read it in the angling times. Don’t know where they got the quote from. Just remember reading it thinking that’s someone who hasn’t got a clue what they are talking about

This is a relief.

My pointless point of view is anglers should openly align themselves with those concerned about the environment and continue to campaign for less pollution. It's a battle I believe that can be won.

It would be great if something as simple as an advertisement appeared showing anglers picking up litter in the countryside on their way to the river. Last season two horses and a cow died where I fish from ingesting plastic bottles thrown into fields. The high levels of litter in the countryside is unacceptable.

Moreover, fly tipping into rivers has exploded even though the local dumps have not shut during lockdown.

If anglers took the lead about litter in the countryside we would make many important friends and allies. It doesn't cost anything but a little time for individual anglers and clubs to be seen clearing rubbish.

This is a relief.

My pointless point of view is anglers should openly align themselves with those concerned about the environment and continue to campaign for less pollution. It's a battle I believe that can be won.

It would be great if something as simple as an advertisement appeared showing anglers picking up litter in the countryside on their way to the river. Last season two horses and a cow died where I fish from ingesting plastic bottles thrown into fields. The high levels of litter in the countryside is unacceptable.

Moreover, fly tipping into rivers has exploded even though the local dumps have not shut during lockdown.

If anglers took the lead about litter in the countryside we would make many important friends and allies. It doesn't cost anything but a little time for individual anglers and clubs to be seen clearing rubbish.
It's not pointless Edward as it makes a point!
Sometimes you feel things are rather pointless when trying to point things out to individuals that are clearly blinkered and care about little else but their own narrow-minded view, however, must never be dissuaded from offering a more balanced view.

Pollution of rivers is of a far higher priority than some wannabes making a name for themselves. Did anyone see the programme last Sunday about the Usk among others being pumped with sh*te

My thoughts too and I'm sure Mr.Pope will not have enjoyed reading the well structured response, which in pure terms could be read as "Button it"

Mike.
Whenever I look to revisit this thread I inadvertently go to the 'Dropped a Bollock' thread. Lord knows why!

Back