• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

That's not a Barbel!

That is a phenomenal fish Andrew, I thought wild brownies this size were limited to the Scottish and Irish loughs. The brown trout is one of our best looking fish and that is a magnificent specimen. What did you catch it on?

Late one season on the Teme I had an out of condition salmon on luncheon meat! I didn't weigh the salmon, but I reckon it was about 10lb or so.

That is a phenomenal fish Andrew, I thought wild brownies this size were limited to the Scottish and Irish loughs. The brown trout is one of our best looking fish and that is a magnificent specimen. What did you catch it on?

They are a great looking fish - it took a fingernail sized piece of shelf life boilie paste!

Stunning brownie that, a rare beast too, very few wild trout of that size get caught from rivers, definitely your lucky day, well done.
The strangest by-catch I,ve had was a near 6lb seatrout from the Avon on trundled meat, tasted good though!!!
peter

That is MASSIVE. What a lovely fish. Oh to have nabbed that on the fly! But, frankly, who cares. Beautiful.

Back