• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

That’s that then...

My last sesh was 'below Worcester', a short one on the last day of season (14th). Bank conditions were great, but the Lower Severn had an extra 13ft of water on. I finally found a decent bit of water but knew that between it and me was a small bush, at that time approximately 6-8ft below the surface. So I had to get my wreck fishing head on :p After about 2 hours I had a slow take (I used a bobbin so as not to spook the fish until I was in control, well kinda in control) I struck and pumped and held, up and to the side, away from and over the bush. I felt the branch tips on my line but, what with the water being as coloured as it was, she didn't get to take full advantage of the snag. She was only 6-7lb, but fin perfect, albeit pale, and a nice end to a hard season.

Back