• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

TF Gear Starving Whippet Line

Its low BS stuff Sam, not any use for Barbel fishing. Good for specimen Roach etc.

hence other species forum :p most the strains i ordered are for tench/roach/chub fishing ect

i got a spool of 8.1lb which should be alright for float fishing for barbel though

i think its because they have the "starved whippet invisible" one now so old range ect ect
always used to use maxima line but haven't brought it in years !! can't remember why i stopped using it to be honest...

I have some of the TFG Clothing and Boots. It is decent gear and has lasted very well.
And given that it was bought when on offer good value too.

I even have a TFG Intruder Slim Barbel rod and the X-Stream Avon (both now discontinued and bought when the prices fell - spot a trend here!)
Both decent. The X-Stream is a very good Perch and Chub Rod.

I guess I'v been unlucky then with my leaky boots,snapping bed and bedchair then. I also find the RRP on there rods to be a bit optomistic.

I guess I'v been unlucky then with my leaky boots,snapping bed and bedchair then. I also find the RRP on there rods to be a bit optomistic.

i agree about the rrp on the TXi / TSi rods.
I've had a lot of the clothing, boots, mainlines, chair, rods, luggage and starving whipet is the first rubbish product i've had in memory. so maybe you have just been unlucky...

Back