• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tewkesbury

Paul Boyle

Hi all
Ill be spending a bit of time in the above area but know very little about it..Can anyone help me out,hows the barbal fishing down there.I know the area in the picture below is day ticket .

384227_10150381848358650_653518649_8436607_1263427389_n1.jpg

The severn at tewkesbury

Hi all
Ill be spending a bit of time in the above area but know very little about it..Can anyone help me out,hows the barbal fishing down there.I know the area in the picture below is day ticket .

384227_10150381848358650_653518649_8436607_1263427389_n1.jpg

The severn at tewkesbury

I live in Tewkesbury Paul and I must admit it is not my first choice, but I there have been more Barbel caught in matches this season than of recent seasons.
Above the weir is a good bet I am told also the pegged areas below.
Apparently as you would expect it does produce better weights when there is a bit of water on.
Maggot feeder has been the method it seems.

hi paul
20 mins up the road is evesham (warks avon) and worcs (severn/teme)far better chance of catching barbel,
wier is abit of a walk from the parking in tewkes if you can find a space!
tight lines anyhow on were you go:)
cheers
justin

Hi Justin thanks for the reply..infact ill be spending a lot of time in tewkesbury the mrs has just moved there from cheltenham so mite as well give it a go :).

Paul

Some Huge Barbel to be caught in that area, if you are a lucky angler you may catch on your first session, more likely, success will come after a methodical swim build up over 4 nights, bait up with mini halibut boilies (10mm) and hemp, fish a boilie 15mm on one rod and a large piece of meat on the downstream rod, at least 25yds below the baited area, I predict you will catch on the 3rd or 4th night........simples!

Paul,

You've got a PM coming...

Also, Steve is absolutely right. Some rather large Zeds around the rivers. Well worth a go IMO.

Chris

Back