• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Test curve popularity.

Closer to 1.8lb I reckon. Lovely rods, almost identical to the Chimera 1 imo. I reckon a lot of anglers would know the difference in a blind test.
They are nice rods, custom jobbies. If I had a complaint they are a little stiff in the butt section.

Horses for courses.

1.75 is my favourite although I favour a 2lb more and more due to the areas that I fish. I've also just purchased a 2.25 Chimera for the winter floods.

If the bank space permits I most enjoy using the 1.75

I’ve got a pair of Grey’s X Flites and the 1.5 and 2lb tops cover about 90% of my fishing on the Thames, H Avon, W Avon, Kennet and tidal Trent. The other 10% is when I use the Chimera 4s Mark Tunley built for me about 3 years ago, chucking big leads into raging torrents. Which makes me wonder quite why I still have the various Korum, Shimano and Free Spirits I seem to have collected over the years.

Back