• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tench Record smashed

Clive Shipman

Senior Member & Supporter
17lb 8oz bloody hell that fish is packed with spawn kinda dosent look healthy.

Attachments

• tmp_24324-Screenshot_20160426-200409_1-22136033.jpg
    tmp_24324-Screenshot_20160426-200409_1-22136033.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 424
Netted rather than caught apparently but still humongous

Record or not wouldn't want to be catching that ....:eek:

Looks like it could be retaining spawn from the previous season, I think there is a condition that can cause tench to do this. Although that said it looks like more than a few seasons worth in that lump..

Is it me or are those deciduous trees in the background in full foliage? Looks like a photo from last season (or earlier) and the fish is right up to the lens. Suspicious.

Looks like dropsy, i have a 20lb plus Koi in my pond that has been having similar issues last winter,though not as bad as this.She spent most of her time wandering around the surface looking sorry for herself,luckily the pond did not freeze,then last week with the warmer weather she seemed to return to normal.

Anthony,

He's not claiming to have caught it so why would he need to lie about when he netted it?

Very honest of him as I am sure some people would have claimed to have caught the fish

reckon its a good couple of years worth of spawn, cant see her being alive too much longer,if she turns up again still alive stripping the spawn by hand may save her but thats got its own risks i believe. Either way dont bode well for her.

Just spoke to a pal. They stripped the fish by hand of most of the spawn and the fish swam off very strongly by all accounts. Good news

Excellent news

Back