• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Teme statician required

Graham Tremble

HI Guys,
Many years ago I caught a rather 'special' barbel from the river Teme. At 13-08 this was the fish of my dreams. That fish will always be 'special' to me but just how special was that fish? Would it feature in a Teme top 20 or even top 50. Just a thought, does anybody on this site keep any records regarding these details from this lovely little river?
Tight Lines,
Graham.:)

It really depends I suppose on what part of the River you caught it. The Lower around St Johns does have some very big fish, of course the further up you go less so.
But that is a very good Teme Barbel, no matter where you caught it.
To try and answer your question I would think I might ask someone like our very own Lol Breakespear who was fishing the Teme 100 years ago :)

I still remember reading about you and your mate's exploits on the Teme and Lower Severn in early copies of the Barbel Society magazine, I think it may have actually included the capture of that exceptional Teme fish.
They were great times to be fishing both rivers as the potential was still untapped and inspired me to get on them.

Hope your still having a few :)

Cheers
Mark

Back