• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tackle shops

Chris Jones

I'm after suggestions of tackle shops with a good range and keen prices. If they are bricks and mortar shops then they'd need to be in the North East, preferably somewhere between Scarborough, York and Leeds to the south and Teesside and Darlington to the north. For a spectacular shop I could take a trip to Hull. On-line shops with keen prices would also be appreciated.

It's a top end Daiwa tip rod I'm after for general coarse/match style fishing. Needs to be as versatile as possible and is replacing an old, damaged and, frankly, disappointing Shimano Stradic 11'-13' multi-feeder.

Hi Chris,

I'm a great believer in eBay as long as you are confident that you can spot the fraudsters. I recently bought a Youngs centrepin for £40 cheaper than I could find anywhere else on the internet.

I bought a new barbel rod last year on eBay. Once I knew the make/model I wanted I just kept looking until one got listed (took about a week.)

Cheers,

Gavin

Back