• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tackle in Lidl this week

Paul Collins

Noticed a bit of tackle for sale in Lidl Friday. Was in a bit of a rush so not sure exactly what they have but I did spot a decent looking tripod for a tenner IIRC. Also a folding head landing net with an extending handle, wouldn't take up much room in a boot.

Attachments

• IMG_20190607_180111.jpg
    IMG_20190607_180111.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 581
I bought a Crivit reel with spare spool for €11 about 8 years ago. It is for all intents and purposes a Daiwa having all the same features and shape. The screw holes are in exactly the same places. It is a blooming good reel.

I still have an Aldi jacket and bib n brace from 3 years ago. Still waterproof and amazing value. Too warm to wear in summer but it's had 3 winters of hard use and abuse. As good or better than anything I've ever used. Got another set in the garage for when this one wears out but it won't wear out!

Sadly they don't seem to get the boxes of 'Starlites' any more. About the only fishing thing I've ever bought from Aldidl but they were bloody cheap compared to tackle shop prices and worked just as well.

I bought a Crivit reel with spare spool for €11 about 8 years ago. It is for all intents and purposes a Daiwa having all the same features and shape. The screw holes are in exactly the same places. It is a blooming good reel.
I THINK they are rebadged/made by Daiwa. I've got a Crivit freespool which came in a joblot of tackle I got on eBay and it's exactly the same as a Daiwa freespool I've got (can't remember exactly which model, but one of the cheaper ones obvs).

I bought one of their Parkside angle grinders that was identical to a Bosch. I think their trout landing nets are the same spec' as Sensas ones.

I know we’ve been here before but many many things in life are made in same Chinese factories, they have districts that make glass for example. Many brands are going to Chinese manufacturers with a spec, a price is given and they slap your logo on it. If there’s over run, mis production (Quality control etc) that stuff goes somewhere and often it’s with a different badge on it. I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if the Crivit reel is made in the same place by the same people as the Diawa. All too often, we’re paying for a reassuring logo rather than a level of quality.

I've bought some reels direct from China they're good quality and cost practically nothing.
They definitely look like Daiwa, same screws etc. They're about 10% of the cost of Daiwa.

Popped in this morning for a look, the reels look quite good quality for the price, the folding Landing nets are around fiften quid, with rubberised mesh and quite sturdy if you need one for roaming .

So far as the clothing is concerned, well I have the jacket and salopettes from Aldi, the Liddle salopettes do not look haf as warm or weatherproof to me .

David

Back