• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Streamer weed

Terry Simner

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi All, is the term 'streamer weed' just a generic i.e. a 'catch all' that includes water crowfoot (Ranunculus), milfoils, hydrillas etc?

Lots more streamer in the Teme at Ludlow I noticed a few weeks ago, hope thats a good sign ?
Definitely Cliff IMO. The guy who owns the mill at Eardiston reckons the lack of barbel in the Teme is totally down to the lack of streamer weed. He reckons the run-off from the "intensive farming on the banks of the Teme" is the cause of the streamer weed's demise. But I don't remember there being loads of streamer weed in the Teme in the early 2000's (when the Teme was full of barbel). So although I can't say I agree with him, to my mind the Teme could do with a lot more weed for fry etc etc to hide in.

The Wye seems to have more weed than in the last 20 years or so I am being told - difficult for salmon angling on some stretches at the moment. Will be interesting at the start of the season re canoeing and coarse angling.

The Wye seems to have more weed than in the last 20 years or so I am being told - difficult for salmon angling on some stretches at the moment. Will be interesting at the start of the season re canoeing and coarse angling.
"One man's meat is another man's poison" eh.

Back