• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Stotz/ styls applicator

Hurgen Akindji

Hi all,im thinking of starting to use stotz ans styls but a little confused as regards the difference in the two products. Also i have a blue applicator that i got from ebay but not sure how it would apply the stotz as it looks different from the preston one. Any advice would be great,cheers

You can use one of these for both

sensas-styl-pincers-2157-p.jpg

or one of these for just the stotz

preston-stotta.jpg

Is this the blue thing you got ?

!BfcJJL!!mk~$(KGrHqMOKi8ErzCnIedIBLBTypvYlQ~~_12.JPG

Hi Nic,yes mate thats the one. Was thinking of getting the one that looks like a pair of scissors. Just wanted one to do all really. If possible.

Hi Nic,yes mate thats the one. Was thinking of getting the one that looks like a pair of scissors. Just wanted one to do all really. If possible.

Right that blue one is for shot really Hurgen, not ideal for stotz or styl leads mate.

Go for the sensas one (the top photo) ;)

Yes, but you could damage the line by doing so.

If you want to remove shot i mean normal round shot then use your blue one ;)

If you mean stotz or styl's then you can use either of the top 2 photo's, just pinch the stotz or styl on one side and use your finger nail to open the lead out ;)

Hurgen,

The answer to your second question is...styls are long and thin, stotz are shorter and fatter, with the stotz being the better of the two if you are using thicker line....otherwise, they are very similar.

Oh yes...whichever version you use, don't pinch them too hard with the applicator, otherwise you will damage the line

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Back