• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

stolen tackle

Colin Court

Hope know one minds me posting this here.

2 very good friends mine ,tom and dan who are co-owners of cotswold rods. Had 2 of their premises broken into sometime btween friday and saturday of this weekend .below is a list of the items stolen including one of sets of custom built carp rods. if anyone should be offered or hear of anything please pm me in the strictest confidence.

Thanks Colin

3 FMA 13fts
5 R1s
5 Halcyons
3 Torrixs
3 x Pace range rods
1 landing net with tiny Cotswold block

all the rods and net are very unique, and would have to go to a rod builder for de-customisation before going on sale anywhere.

The stuff below is Toms own fishing tackle

large carryall full of tackle box,
Custom nevilles,made with ATT back and machined ears to look like standard ones - brand new
prolite sticks,
att reveiver,
hookbaits etc
3 black simano Aerlex reels
Aerlex spod reel
2 x emblems
trakker NXG luggage
3 x shimano baitrunners
Wychwood Solace HD brolly - brand new

scum bags

please keep your eyes peeled on free papers, flea bay and tackle trader

hope you get a result.

I saw 2 reels ( shimano 3500 ) that I wanted on flea bay at a very good price but there was only pathetic excuses for no spare spool no boxes no instructions hence I did not buy them!

regards john

Last edited:
If there 3500b's they never came with spare spools a bit like the 4000d's.
Good luck with finding the stolen gear will keep a look out myself.

For those on Facebook there's a page called carp tackle trader which is alot busy than the tackle trader website there's quite a few members but admin keep it right and get rid of all the shockers but I will still keep an eye out!!

cheers chaps ive put on the FB tackle trader forum ....the absolute bottom line is ,that if people didnt buy these 'bargains' there would be no demand to supply

Back