• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Stocking Foot Wader Help

Steve Hayward

Got some new breathable stocking foot waders on order (Snowbee Sale) but they sold of boots I wanted (studded sole).

Well they have them but the price is above my budget. :( Only get use a handful of times a year.

Can anyone suggest an alternative?

Have heard of people using any old boot but being new to wading thought easier to ask others with experience.

Down to the sports direct and look at the discounted outdoor sports boots?

I have been using a set of bison wading boots for over 3 years now and cannot fault them, they have a felt sole which is glued and sewn on and the boots come with a set of studs should you wish to add some for added grip on surfaces & a spare pare of laces are also included all for £29.99. I bought them from ebay from this guy and have had a superb service from him over the years highly recommended.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BISON-FELT-SOLE-WADING-BOOTS-WADING-STUD-KIT-SIZE-12_W0QQitemZ330361520544QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Athletic_Shoes_ET?hash=item4ceb14c1a0

Steve, try Glasgow Angling they always have good deals on boots or try some of the Fly Fishing forums, they must have a classified section.

You can also add your own studs, from memory they are fairly cheap to buy.

Snowbee sale??? I've been thinking of getting some waders for rolling meat ... where would I find the sale? I can't see anything on their website.

Afternoon chaps , I was lucky enough to get hold of a pair of simms waders and boots from this very site , however before that I found a good quality pair available on eBay , search bison waders , they come with very good reviews ! Happy hunting

Well that's tough for me, cos I can't pay till pay day. The Bison's will do as an alternative for me. Glad to be of help.

Conrad

I was after the studded wader boots and was not quick enough of the mark for them!

Right PITA always worth a look on Snowbee's site in Feb

Back