• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Steven Devereux RIP

Clive Shipman

Senior Member & Supporter
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I've just learned of the passing of long term member Steven Devereux (Chavender). Such a lovely chap and a mind of information. RIP Steven.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I've just learned of the passing of long term member Steven Devereux (Chavender). Such a lovely chap and a mind of information. RIP Steven.
Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

So so sad, i met him a few times, he once invited me and a pal to derbyshire where he lived at the time. It was the first time we.d try trotting with a centrepin, which Steven loaned us. At the end of the day, he gave us both a set of 3 homemade floats as a memento, they were superb. He really was a true gent. R.I.P. my friend.

Thats really sad. Have known him for years on the internet but unfortunately we never met. Was going to meet on the Royalty a couple of years ago but it never happened.

R.I.P and my sincerest condolences to his family.

That is very sad news. As I recall he really knew his pins and I loved his traditionalist take on fishing and fishing tackle. RIP Steven.

He really was a true gent, he was the first admin on my first ever fishing forum, we only had about 30 or so members, but we were like a close knit family, we had several fish ins on the Severn which Chav organised, staying at B n B,s in the Telford area. Without him, i would have far fewer fishing friends. God Bless and rest in peace.

Back