• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Speedia Wide Drum - lost screw

Gavin Burt

So, this pin has lasted nn’years on the planet and then the first outing to the river with me and I’ve managed to lose the screw that holds the release lever pin in place !!!

Gawd knows how though as I didn’t knock / drop it at all.

Does anyone have one spare please that I could buy off them ?

Attachments

• 8296B71E-23F4-4B40-8E91-067C7989B79D.jpeg
    8296B71E-23F4-4B40-8E91-067C7989B79D.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 57
That looks like the screw for the fulcrum that holds the ratchet spring in place. There’s also another part (the fulcrum) inside the reel. If you’ve lost both then you’re looking at someone making one up for you or buying a cheap wreck of a reel to salvage an old one. Might be worth trying Gary Mills but don’t hold your breath waiting on a reply.

That looks like the screw for the fulcrum that holds the ratchet spring in place. There’s also another part (the fulcrum) inside the reel. If you’ve lost both then you’re looking at someone making one up for you or buying a cheap wreck of a reel to salvage an old one. Might be worth trying Gary Mills but don’t hold your breath waiting on a reply.
Thanks,

It’s just the screw that’s missing, the fulcrum is still attached to the ratchet spring.

I’ll try Gary as he was next on the list.

Back