• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Source liquid

I'd put them back in, there's still a couple of months to go :D

I always have a small pot of boilies glugged in Source for when I need a change of hook brilliant bait, and not just for barbel. Carp and tench like it too. Good luck

I've never really used a glug, and don't really envisage doing so. Is there any advantage, other than the initial small stream of flavour emanating from the boilie or pellet? If so, does it suggest the bait underneath is ineffective?

I've never really used a glug, and don't really envisage doing so. Is there any advantage, other than the initial small stream of flavour emanating from the boilie or pellet? If so, does it suggest the bait underneath is ineffective?
I think when you're trying to add smell/taste but without substance (e.g. in flood/coloured conditions), glug is good ... if only for the angler's confidence :eek:

When I was packing things away at the end of my season I had a container with some boilies and dumd bell pallets left in it.
so I filled it up with Source liquid and I forgot all about it, till I opened it up the other week. It was the smell which made me think
I would have to wear gloves to put them on the hooks

A brilliant bait and I only moved onto other boilies and pellets because I got fed up with the smell!
Now I've gone back to these shelf life boilies and usually carry a pot of glugged boilies for the hair although it's not always necessary to get bites!
My glugged boilies have been in the pot for a long time and I am sure they would still catch come the 16th!

Last edited:
Back