• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

*****Sorted****** Browning sphere 15’6 river rod.

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
Long shot I know ….. people aren’t going to willingly let these go but if you do find yourself not using it or have a spare you probably won’t use and want to let it go then I’ll happily give you top cash for it or part ex something you might be looking for. Whatever works

The 13’6 or any others in the sphere range are not of interest to me I’m only after the 15’6 river rod.
Thanks.

I absolutely new these rods would be sought after.
Crazy prices on used now.
I have 2 but regret buying the 15.6 for around £160/180 new on ebay.
A Total steal for what there going for now.

Last edited:
Really nice rods, although I did let my 15 6 go due to me not being over keen rods over 14ft. I still have a couple of the 13 6 spliced rods but my preference is for the 13 and 14ft waggler rods.

I heard some news today about browning that following their sale or rather the sale of their owners that saddens.

I heard some news today about browning that following their sale or rather the sale of their owners that saddens.

Browning Tackle have been part of Zebco Europe for a long time. Zebco Europe also owned Preston Innovations (and their offshoots Korum and Avid). In 2021 Sebco was bought by Rather Outdoors which already owned Fox International (and its various offshoot brands). The Browning tackle brand is supposed to be ceasing to be in the near future.

If you've heard something about a brand with slightly less faceless and corporate ownership, I suspect it may have been Middy. They are rumoured to be going through some ownership changes at the moment.

Alec, I'm sorry but I am struggling to understand this. Do you mean that you have heard some sad news about what is happening to Browning after it has been sold?

No, its in addition to Middy.

I think you are making a bit too much of it. The Browning tackle brand is reputed to be ceasing. They haven't just been sold. The ownership group (as of a good two years) has simply decided to stop using the brand name. They've got plenty of alternative brand names in their portfolio. This could possibly be because they have to pay Browning (the worldwide firearms company) a fee to use the Browning name and logo.

That's great. I have always regretted that I sold my browning silverlite pro feeder to fund some other rod purchase I have now forgotton which. A new one was on ebay a few weeks ago in a tackle shop clearout. Put in a silly bid and won. My Xmas pressie to me! Very chuffed, like you. I still have my champions choice bomb and float, the brown ones, of about 2010. My small match lake specials!

Back