• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Somewhere near Uxbridge to take kids for there first fishing trip?

Stuart Chipperfield

Hi,

My godsons (7 & 9) want to go fishing for the first time and as I am not familiar with the Uxbridge area I would welcome any suggestions for venues that I can take them to in the Uxbridge area.

I am thinking maybe a day ticket venue that can offer a few bites to keep them interested.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart

Steve, thanks for your reply and suggestion. I have looked at the website and it looks like the courses have finished for the year, I am not sure if the young'uns will be patient enough to wait till next year!

Someone else has suggested lake 3 at Farlows which may be an option in the short term and if they catch the bug I could look at taking them to the courses next year.

thanks

Stuart

Steve, thanks for your reply and suggestion. I have looked at the website and it looks like the courses have finished for the year, I am not sure if the young'uns will be patient enough to wait till next year!

Someone else has suggested lake 3 at Farlows which may be an option in the short term and if they catch the bug I could look at taking them to the courses next year.

thanks

Stuart
Farlows is a sorted venue now Boyers sold it, Lake 3,the old junior pit has been restocked and is full of little carp and a few other species.

Thank you Paul and David, I will contact Judd's but Farlows does seem to be getting a lot of positive feedback.

I suppose to some extent I was hoping that their first fish wasn't going to be a carp, call me old school but a roach or perch feels more appropriate.

Free fishing on the grand union Canal that runs through,Denham, Uxbridge,cowley ,west drayton ,its supposed to be day ticket but the bailiff is not often around.The lizard in west drayton ,wood lane in Iver ,the issue is its getting cold and its not going to be easy anywhere.

Thanks for the alternatives Mark.
I tried to explain to them that it might be better to wait till next summer but to a 7 & 9 year old that seems like an eternity away! We'll see how we get on....

Told that Wood lane in Iver has age restrictions,so no good.The local tackle shop,the fishermans cabin in South Ruislip said the 6 small ponds at Northala fields in Northolt(by the big humps by the A40) are open but not for the courses,you just turn up and fish,they said they are full of small fish,which is why Get hooked on fishing is there.They also said there is a small cafe and a childrens playground, plus climbing the humps(the grassed over waste from wembley stadium with a road up one ) is very popular with the views across london.If you google Northala fields fishing you will find out more,Good luck.

Free fishing on the grand union Canal that runs through,Denham, Uxbridge,cowley ,west drayton ,its supposed to be day ticket but the bailiff is not often around.
Whats new Mark, fished the canal from way in 83 season, Being checked once and had a day ticket once by the old LAA bailiff.:rolleyes:

Stuart, do you have tackle that is ok for them ,i think i have 2 x 4m telescopic kids whips that we do not use anymore--you can have them if you want,pm me and i can give you an address for collection,also do not forget a catapult ---maggot flinging is a great hit with youngsters if the fishing is hard.

Mark, thank you for the most generous offer but I have the tackle side sorted. Yes, I think mucking about with a catapult will appeal to at least one of them!

Back