• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

something to sign

Jason Bean

Last edited:
With the increase in UK population and the desperate need for more homes, it is very important to hold the Water Companies, EA and the Government to account on this. Where is all the drinking water going to come from and the sewerage going to go? Otter's will not be able to eat fish if there's no water in the rivers! A combination of Water company money/profits and tax payers money, will be required to build the infrastructure to ensure that there is a sustainable water supply and sewage disposal system, that doesn't decimate our rivers over the next 20 years.

Signed Jason. I can only hope after the latest Otter petition that anglers finally realise we have to take another approach and make our government and its Agency's , answer to the law , which they are breaking..

Signed :)

Signed already via a FB link - however I also implore all to sign. This issue is bigger, IMO, than the 'other' current issue, as are the use of neonic pesticides.

Joined-up thinking is required and huge investment....which appears to rule out any party who wishes to get in/remain in government. I suggested a few years ago that a huge water main could be constructed under the HS2 routes to carry water to the Greater London area. Obviously there would need to be pipelines from the Welsh mountains and perhaps the north east (Kielder?) to feed into these. This is of course if we want to maintain our capital as the focus of everything that is deemed to be of importance to the country. With global warming and population growth seemingly inevitable, it would be prudent to at least begin to address the situation as a matter of some urgency. Oh, if anyone thinks this is scaremongering or an over-reaction, I live in West Yorkshire and you may recall that Yorkshire Water's supplies ran out in some areas in 1995 (despite being fed by the rivers from the Pennines) and had to be brought in by tanker!!!

Signed.

Back