• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Some good news for once!

Rhys Perry

Shrewsbury river Severn Quarry matches breaking records at the moment, last week 52lb, this week 67lb! Don't know what was being caught but it rarely throws up barbel.
Good news for the silvers mind as it wasn't that long ago this was considered ruined as a match venue, just goes to show quickly rivers can recover.

Hi Rhys, i've fished just above the Welsh Bridge a few times, ( where the river web cam is on the wall ), with a mate who was a superb match angler. I sat it out on the tip most times, while he fished a stick float. I'd mostly blank, ( well, almost always ), while he had a net full of silvers. After a few lessons from him, i too fished the stick, oh what joy, nothing big, but fantastic sport and enjoyment. Never realised, how much fun it could be, catching smaller fish. Sadly for me, my pal has emigrated to Australia, to be with his family. But i look back with fond memories. :)

I do like a bit of stick fishing, still learning though! Sadly I just snapped the tip off my stick rod :(

Wish i lived closer,sounds like great roach fishing,when you have to work at it, fishing becomes so enjoyable

Back