• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Some advice required

Phil Dunn

Senior Member & Supporter
Thinking of selling my 11 ft 1lb Hexagraph but no idea about a realistic value, rod is pretty standard apart from a wood effect reel seat, one or two little nicks/ marks but otherwise excellent condition, but may even consider selling with my Ray Walton rolling pin- any suggestions on a realistic value. Don’t want to kick the backside out of it but want a reasonable price! Ideally as a pair - reel and rod.

Appreciate the reply, rod and pin, being realistic, good condition, not perfect so thanks for the heads up. Would probably guess £650 x £675 for the pair then as a reasonable guide.

Thinking of selling my 11 ft 1lb Hexagraph but no idea about a realistic value, rod is pretty standard apart from a wood effect reel seat, one or two little nicks/ marks but otherwise excellent condition, but may even consider selling with my Ray Walton rolling pin- any suggestions on a realistic value. Don’t want to kick the backside out of it but want a reasonable price! Ideally as a pair - reel and rod.
You would probably get more by selling them seperately.

Thanks Neil, think that’s probably right but…. For various reasons would be happy to sell as a combi offering if they were to go.

sell them separately mate your make more money and at the right time of year on eBay the hexagraph rod will sell no problem obviously take into account the dreaded fees 👍

Thanks Neil, think that’s probably right but…. For various reasons would be happy to sell as a combi offering if they were to go.

I wouldn't sell them (or anything) as a combination - someone will want the rod, someone will want the reel, very few (if any) will want both. Just offer a discount and combined postage to anyone buying both.

if you went to Bruce & walker when it was still open you could have a hexagraph made how ever way you wanted it even down to a 9 or 10ft rod if needed. I actually had one made a few years ago with titanium guides. these rods should start to hold there value as Bruce & walker are no longer going.

You learn something new every day. Never knew they used to custom build rods.
Hi Jeremy, that was generally what made them so unique, very few of their rods were ever the same. The would start with the standard blank for whichever type of rod you wanted, then the rest was up to the customer choice. My reel seat was fitted later as I could not get on with the rod rings so had the screw fitting done later, and the cork was always on there. The only rods that tended to be "standard" were the carbon fibre ones they made which were not Hexagraphs, but again custom designs were also done on those. I designed the rod they call The Avon, which was a 2 piece quiver and Avon top, 11ft and still have the original numbers one and two.

Back