• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

**Sold** Maver Signature Pro Classic Float 15'

Alan Rose

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi all,

This is a bit of a tug to be honest, but I'm just not using this fantastic rod and I need to raise some funds to buy something else.

These are incredible float rods. They are light (177g so Acolyte territory), fast tip and deceptively powerful. Official line rating is 6lb and that is probably about right in use. Fantastic reel seat and mixed cork/duplon handle. Hook keeper, which is handy. There are a few small marks on the duplon bit of the handle, but the blank is basically spotless.

I have caught dace, perch, barbel, grayling and brownies on this rod, so a brilliant all-rounder. If it wasn't for my spliced tip Browning Sphere I would never even think of getting rid of this.

I'm asking for £200 £160 as these are rare as rocking horse droppings (I don't think I recall ever seeing one on eBay). I will listen to sensible offers by PM, so do get in touch if you are interested. Can send photos on request.

I'm based in York, collection preferable but could meet a sensible distance away for the right buyer/swapper.

Alan

PS I'd also consider a straight swap for a Chimera 3 (2.25lb) or an 11' Torrix in 2lb if you fancy that.

Last edited:
Back