• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sidewinder

used to use them in Ireland a lot for feeder fishing on big windy lochs...very handy bits of kit.

haven't seen one used for years

Hi James,
Have you tried it on a river yet ?
I have had the original sidewinder for several years, using it for long range bream and tench fishing on lakes when it is very windy. They work really well provided the rod is pointing straight at the lead.
On a river I guess you would have to line the rod up to the angle the bow in the line makes.

I use one all the time for bream fishing with feeder or method,first used them when they came out in Ireland,the new one's have a better fixing to rod now & you can get various weights in them brilliant for windy weather when others are struggling to see the tip.

I used to use one on the Tidal Tees, when it was tidal. It worked surprisingly well for small species.

Yes they did Mike, but butt usually means something else today !
I used to have a Sealey Carpmaster rod with a screw fitting just above the handle. A swingtip screwed in to give good bite indication. What will they think of next.
Mike

Back