• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano XTEA 6000

Steve J Williams

I've been using Shimano XTEA 5000's for years now and as they are getting super expensive and rare i thought i try some XTEA 6000's for my Trent fishing ......

1653416989692.png

This screenshot above is taken from an online Shimano 2006 catalogue (French version).

My question is ... is the 6000 XTEA really heavier than both the 8000 and the 10000 models. - I know the catalogue says it is ... but it doesn't seem right that a smaller model can be heavier.

Loks like the XTEA 8000 might be the one to go for ... anyone got any experience with the 6000 and 8000 versions ?

I've been using Shimano XTEA 5000's for years now and as they are getting super expensive and rare i thought i try some XTEA 6000's for my Trent fishing ......

View attachment 19435

This screenshot above is taken from an online Shimano 2006 catalogue (French version).

My question is ... is the 6000 XTEA really heavier than both the 8000 and the 10000 models. - I know the catalogue says it is ... but it doesn't seem right that a smaller model can be heavier.

Loks like the XTEA 8000 might be the one to go for ... anyone got any experience with the 6000 and 8000 versions ?
The answer is yes slightly.
The only difference as far as I know between the 6 and the 8 is the amount of line you get on the spool with the higher number models being able to hold more. So the 6000 has more material on the spool to make it shallower so yes they will be marginally heavier.
However once both are fully loaded with line I reckon there will be nothing in it.

the difference is as others have said
is the spool the reels are identical

Back