• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano Gen Z Top Kits

Sam Lloyd

Hi Guys. I'm struggling to find anywhere online that sells Shimano Gen Z top kits. Has anyone brought these or know of anywhere which might stock them? I'm looking to buy a couple more kits for my 1300 Technium I brought about a year ago, following a recommendation on here. It's a great pole and I don't want to fork out on an upgrade just for the sake of extra top kits. Another option might be the Drennan 7 Series Uni top kits? Has anyone tried those, and how do they rate them?
Thanks

have you tried shimano felindre?
they stock all sorts, if they haven't, they might be able to help you find out who does...

have you tried shimano felindre?
they stock all sorts, if they haven't, they might be able to help you find out who does...

Have tried them yes Phil. They said they couldn't help as its a "product" not a "part"

Thanks Chris for the eBay link/website. Strange as the eBay seller appears to be Felindre :confused:

sam..a call to billy clarkes might be worthwhile. they sell loads of pole sections and kits although i can't see what you're looking for on their website.
i was trying to source a particular fox rod a couple of years ago and rang billy clarkes..
i left it with them and they were good enough to call me back the next day having located one, paid for it over the phone and they posted it to me f-o-c.. very, very helpful and excellent service..

sam..a call to billy clarkes might be worthwhile. they sell loads of pole sections and kits although i can't see what you're looking for on their website.
i was trying to source a particular fox rod a couple of years ago and rang billy clarkes..
i left it with them and they were good enough to call me back the next day having located one, paid for it over the phone and they posted it to me f-o-c.. very, very helpful and excellent service..

It's in the hands of my local tackle shop now :)

Thanks again

In the end I managed to get 3 match top 3 kits from Felindre for £100 delivered, just in case anyone else might be looking for some. They are actually the old Technium poles top kits, but they fit perfectly fine.

Thanks guys

Back