• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shimano 4000 OC spare spool wanted.

Mike Thompson

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi, I am looking for a spare spool for a 4000 OC baitrunner. I have looked on line but they are out of stock at most outlets and they do not know when they will get fresh supplies.
If anyone has a spare, please let me know.
Thanks.

Hi, I am looking for a spare spool for a 4000 OC baitrunner. I have looked on line but they are out of stock at most outlets and they do not know when they will get fresh supplies.
If anyone has a spare, please let me know.
Thanks.
It may be worth investigating if the D spools fit it as these are more readily available.
They ain’t cheap spools but if they fit and do your job it may be an option

Just an update. I ordered from fishingspares.co.uk and paid . Received no acknowledgement of order, chased by email, tried unsuccessfully to phone. Today got money refunded. So still looking if anyone has one.
Thanks.

I still think they are fantastic reels Terry, but I am just going to have to wait to get spare spools. I have been told by several retailers that Covid has resulted in a huge increase in sales on line. Stocks are low and they are having difficulty getting supplies from all the major manufacturers.

Back