• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Shelfie's

Duncan Dimbleby

Can anyone recommend me a decent shelf life boilie that's readily available for barbel. I want to keep some at home or in the car for quick sessions when I haven't had time to defrost some bait. Always used to use source but have heard it's not the same bait it used to be.

Oh yes, and I want something suitable to use in conjunction with pellet, either loose fed or in Pva.
Thanks

DD.

The shelf life Trigga or Trigga Ice are well thought of shelfies...

Dynamite source and lone angler 10mm sausage sizzle/ocean pride are only boilie I use and got confidence in em

Ash, are those lone angler boilies or squabs????

Thanks for the replies. Will get myself down the tackle shop now I have some ideas what to go for. Any views on The Crave ? Shame you can't open a few bags for a crumble and sniff test !

Duncan.

source mate, stood the test of time. still catches shed loads of fish.

Depending on which bait companies your local tackle shop deals with I'd be happy with any of the following: Sticky Baits Krill, Nutrabaits Trigga Ice or Dynamite Baits Sardine n Anchovy - all great Barbel catchers. I had an excellent season on Sticky's Krill last term but not easy to come by in these parts. Enjoying another great start this season using the original Dave Mason Spiced Lamprey and Liver - not readily available nation wide but can be orered from Coppull Anglers: 12MM SPICEY LAMPREY AND LIVER BOILIES 1KG £10.00 (Coppull Anglers)

Unfortunately Sticky Baits aren't stocked by a lot of shops so I've settled on the Crave. Smells awesome, very much like the Source, but with notes of tuna / monster crab...lol. I'm happy with it and no reason why it shouldn't produce results wherever I take it.

Thanks again.

Hopefully, since no one else recommended it.

Ash, are those lone angler boilies or squabs????

The Lone Angler Sausage sizzle and Ocean pride are Squabs John. Excellent bait but I would say that as I am sponsored by the Lone Angler company and a Team member. Would you like a few free samples to try. There both an excellent bait IMO. PM me John if you would like to try some.

Regards Ray Thorpe.

The Lone Angler Sausage sizzle and Ocean pride are Squabs John. Excellent bait but I would say that as I am sponsored by the Lone Angler company and a Team member. Would you like a few free samples to try. There both an excellent bait IMO. PM me John if you would like to try some.

Regards Ray Thorpe.

Very good baits both the OP and SS I prefer the tubs and 10mm hookbaits and their pastes over the kilo bags of 16's very handy baits and took my a few barbel tonite, just wish a local shop stocked them so didn't have to keep doing orders with the p+p on off LA all their luggage and bits are quality made tho and always a great service

I have always liked Nash Monster squid shelf life boilies for barbel fishing.

When I read the title, I expected to see barbel anglers from across the country posting pictures of themselves holding up their favoured bag of bait. I am quite disappointed that this is not the case!

Back