• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Seven Stoke

Chris Allcock

Has anyone ever fished Severn Stoke b.a.a if so can I have some advice as where to fish all replies welcome cheers

Has anyone ever fished Severn Stoke b.a.a if so can I have some advice as where to fish all replies welcome cheers

It's Severn Stoke Chris:)

It's a fine looking fishery with plenty to go at upstream and down from the car park. Its very level with good access although some pegs are not too easy.
As far as the Barbel are concerned it is/can be tough, although there have been some good catches if you put the time and bait in. It is not therefore prolific, but if you fancy a go at the other species then it is superb, nice perch plenty of hybrids chub the works. Float or tip near in is ideal.
I love the place but it is not a 'go to barbel' water, however I reckon we need to recruit more anglers to fish there, so come on lads and lets get SS back on the Barbel map :)
Oh yea!! The leaping Salmon are worth the trip alone, to-gether with the Heronry so take your 'bins.

Used to do a bit on there and as Neil says it aint easy, I'm planning on returning this autumn after a 2 year break. I always have that feeling of not knowing whats going to turn up when fishing there.

Chris
It is very typical of the Lower Severn, with not many obvious features visible, it is a long stretch, so to maximise your chances it may be worth you going and having a reccy before hand and having a 'lead around' etc or better still, if you know anyone with a 'smartcast', to pick some of the features out. You'll be surprised what you'll find;)

Cheers
Mark

Far to many boats for me,and the car park can be a bit tricky in the wet OK if you park on the road

Severn Stoke can be tough but when its on it can be magical.

I have witnessed catches of up to 15 Barbel including 5 doubles.

3 of us have had 30 plus Barbel several times.

The BAA come down occasionally on a Friday or Saturday night to stop you night fishing

but Sundays and in the week you can stay a bit later

Good luck and tight lines

Dean

Back