• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

September Fish of the Month Sponsored by Pallatrax

Please vote for your favourite:

• Loddon 14lb 4oz

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Derbyshire Derwent 12lb

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Kennet 11lb

• Taff 14lb 8oz

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • Loddon 16lb 8oz

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Wandle 10lb 9oz

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Dove 15lb

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Hampshire Avon 13lb 14oz

• Warks Avon 13lb 8oz

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Kennet 13lb 14oz

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Here are the nominations for the September 2011 Fish of the Month competition. Many thanks to Pallatrax who offer a fantastic prize to the winner every month.

palllogosm.jpg

Pallatrax - Fishing Bait, Boilies, Carp Baits, Carp Boilies, Barbel Bait, Groundbait, Method Mixes,

4e60256649a0d.jpg

Loddon 14lb 4oz

4e63d80e3fc9d.jpg

Derbyshire Derwent 12lb

4e6a8755ac6de.jpg

Kennet 11lb

4e6d11415e004.jpg

Taff 14lb 8oz

4e70f6342e033.jpg

Loddon 16lb 8oz

4e747e7fc02fb.jpg

Wandle 10lb 9oz

4e7b7c94ebe39.jpg

Dove 15lb

4e7ca19ac27a9.jpg

Hampshire Avon 13lb 14oz

4e7d94b3af002.jpg

Warks Avon 13lb 8oz

4e84f8b3eda79.jpg

Kennet 13lb 14oz

A real difficult decision between Paul and Simon's Loddon fish, Paul's as much as all he has achieved this season, absolutely fantastic catches but it had to be Simon, that truly is a fish for the Loddon, one of the biggest, even if it is his pet :)

Tough call, but it's got to be the Taff fish for me boyo :D
Lovely fish from a river not exactly heaving with Barbel.. well done that man !
All great fish though especially Simons 16 from the Loddon ;)

I've got to agree with Ian G on two counts...A Tough Call with some cracking fish...my vote also goes to the Taff fish, but well done all anglers for making the board...

They are all worth catching, for me the Taff is the one, for the same reasons Ian gave.
It is also a daylight shot which ticks my box.

Well done to all though, I would be more than happy to catch any of those fish!

We are certainly living through a golden age, I wonder just how long this will last?

Nice to see a Taff Fish on the leader board. Gets my vote Matt may also share his pallatrax prize or show me where he caught it lol :D

Nice one Matt

Brian

Taff for me,having fished it for a summer a couple of years ago whilst working down there its not easy.
Well done some crackers.
K

If I knew you hadn't caught loads more and loads bigger I'd vote for you Paul! But the Taff fish is a real achievement and a great pic too..so I voted for myself obviously :eek:

Last edited:
Some absolutely beautiful fish,each one making for a very difficult choice,the Taff fish is cracking,but I went with Simon's 16.8 from the Loddon,a wonderful fish in my opinion :D

Hard choice this time but I had to go for the Taff fish as we dont get many Welsh fish on here.

Almost the Taff for me but the Wandle fish just pipped it both because it's great to see such a nice fish after the big fish kill and also just for the people watching in the background. I bet they had no idea that was in their little river!

Voted for the Wandle, given it's location and the number of wipeouts it's had, I think it deserves my vote. However, that Taff fish is awesome.

There are some really great fish and great pictures too this month.
But at the end of the day a 16lb barbel is a very special creature so i have to vote for Simon's Loddon capture.

Richard

Almost the Taff for me but the Wandle fish just pipped it both because it's great to see such a nice fish after the big fish kill and also just for the people watching in the background. I bet they had no idea that was in their little river!

I have fished a different stretch, one morning this woman came out her house and threw the leftover bread from breakfast in the river. I asked if she was feeding the fish, she said what fish and returned to see a shoal of chub going mental.

Back