• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sensas Black Dye

Sam Lloyd

Anyone tried using Sensas black dye on groundbaits? How effective is it on normal brown groundbaits such as lake and roach?
Thanks

Have a look in your local Indian wholesalers/shops. You are looking for Consumer's Pride,they do colouring in a large number of different colours in 400gram/almost a pound weight red plastic bottles.Dark green,red,yellow,orange and a few other colours.(not sure of black)One teaspoon dyes a whole bucket of liquidized bread and lasts years,the bottles i have,
cost only a few quid.You can mix colours to produce brown and other colours.

just looked on ebay they are selling a Balah green,red,yellow and orange food colouring 400 gram at £7.49 delivered so will be a lot cheaper in shops--the consumer pride bottles look exactly the same

What you can do Sam is put a couple of teaspoons inside each groundbait ball and when it falls apart the whole area gets coloured which will avoid any hand colour transfer and a better cloud

I've never heard that one before Mark! I'll give that a go this winter on a difficult venue I've been fishing for Roach and Skimmers.

Keep that to yourself mate,oh poop another tip got out.You can also add bicarbonate soda to the mix and it will cause it to explode/fizz better.

Back