• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Seer Barbel Quiver 11ft 2and7/8ths

I inherited this some time ago it had already been shortened. I have landed many barbel and chub on this wonderful rod, and so far none have complained about my rod’s lack of length.
I have however, reached an age, where I need to thin out my fishing gear to save my better half the trouble after I peg out.
I have no idea what this is worth. Any help on that score would be greatly appreciated. I have also no idea as to how to go about shipping
I’m open to offers and suggestions even sarcastic ones. I am after all old enough to be waterproof. Thanks in advance Alan

Hi Alan.

Sorry firstly, that you feel the need to thin out your collection.

If they're decent rods I think I've mentioned before elsewhere, to allow for collection or local meet up. The last point especially if you don't want visitors or people you don't know at your home.
If there decent & collectables then I'm sure people would travel for them.... Obviously dependant on your locality Alan.

Seer Rods are collectable, having personally an interest in that make already. Price wise I have a copy of the old price list an old mate copied for me, so I can consult that for you, however if its been altered in length for one reason or another, then for some people that would be seen as a way to haggle the price down a bit.... However your decision is final at the end of the day. 👍

As for courier expenses, it's unbelievable where we are currently with this! Hence why I think the so called market for decent second hand rods have fallen by the wayside in recent years. Certainly don't see the numbers of quality gear we did a good few years back.
Cost of living and folks with less disposable income plays a big part too I guess.

Good luck Alan

Ps I'm after a Seer 11ft Chub Quiver rated at a 1lb if you have one? 🤣

Sorry Julian, the barbel quiver is the only Seer that I have it’s just surplus to my requirements. I have probably got a dozen other quiver tips all suitable for chub and open water barbel and several dedicated barbel rods.
I’m up here in Middlesbrough so when the rain stops I’ll take some pics of the seer and post them on here and see where that leads
Thanks for your info about post/couriers I’ll bear that in mind

Finally the rain has stopped so here are some photos of my Seer
IMG_3929.jpeg
IMG_3929.jpeg
IMG_3930.jpeg

Sorry Julian, the barbel quiver is the only Seer that I have it’s just surplus to my requirements. I have probably got a dozen other quiver tips all suitable for chub and open water barbel and several dedicated barbel rods.
I’m up here in Middlesbrough so when the rain stops I’ll take some pics of the seer and post them on here and see where that leads
Thanks for your info about post/couriers I’ll bear that in mind

Attachments

• IMG_3931.jpeg
    IMG_3931.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 17
It is slightly shorter than it
IMG_3938.jpeg
be and at some point has had the but ring replaced badly not my handiwork I hasten to add looking for £125 Ono collected from Middlesbrough or dirt out your own courier
This is not one for the collectors it’s a rod for using

Attachments

• IMG_3939.jpeg
    IMG_3939.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3937.jpeg
    IMG_3937.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3936.jpeg
    IMG_3936.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 14
Back