• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Seal sightings

Patrick Cooper

No Longer a Member
There have been several people who have seen "Keith" this very opening weekend, one by Upton and one in the lower teme. Now theres approximately 6 miles of river between sightings, I don't want to alarmaanybody but these sightings where within hours of each other. What I'm trying to say is that there could be two! !!!!! Im hoping its not true and its just one fast roaming seal. The teme would be easier for it to catch its prey due to the shallow nature of the water which is/could be bad news for teme anglers.

As Steve Williams has posted on the river reports any sightings should be reported to the relevant email address.

Pat.

Report it to the email address on the teme or Severn river reports then David. And anyone else who has seen it or a friend has seen it.

Patrick
I saw the seal at Upton, the guy I fish with who was in the next peg heard what was either the same seal or an otter through the night. I emailed Mark already.

Back