• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sea fishing advice

Chris Netto

Hi

I am contemplating some light sea fishing - bass, mackerel etc may be boat maybe beach.

I bought a cheap 2.5 t/c carp rod and have used it from a beach last year with ten pound big game line. Is this too light and can someone advise me on what would be suitable.

Cheers
Chris

hello chris, your gear is ok on clean beaches but i wouldnt want to tangle with rocky beaches or sea beds also stay away from the kelp, 10lb line?
that sand or pebble/shell sea bed can wear it away easily chris, maybe use a leader of say 20lb as your obviously not going to use heavy sea leads,
should again be ok-ish on a boat if your fishing shallowish areas, dont forget your spinning rod and tackle;) lots of fun catching em with that , nice to see you on board, mail me your phone number, mine is still the same...j.w

Back