• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Salmon Rods.

Andy Shaw

I have two salmon rods, one is a SAGE Graphite III GFL #10line 15'0" 8.7/8oz with original sleeve and metal SAGE travel tube.
The other is a House of Hardy#10 Graphite Deluxe Spey 15' with original sleeve.
Both in good condition with a few scratches to the blank, mainly on the SAGE.

Have tried to find out what they are worth but cant find anything, Does anybody know where I could find out what they are worth.

Many thanks,

Andy.

Both the Sage and the Hardy weren't cheap when new, Andy. I have a couple of Sage 15-footers - one here, the other in (and now on permanent loan to a pal) in southern Argentina / Chile - and they were £500 each, new, then, in the 1990s. Take a look at the Sportfish website for current Sage prices, but make sure you are seated when you do so; have some smelling salts at hand, too. The Sage will fetch the better secondhand price, the Hardy being less well-thought-of by salmon flyfishers.

Cheers guys, had a look on that site paul....WOW.....:eek:
Found another site that had an auction somewhere in america and the sage is worth a lot more than I would ever of thought.
To think they have been sitting in my mums loft for years gathering dust..lol.

Thanks again,
Andy.

Back