• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sallopettes

Chris Thomson

Hi, after some for the autumn/winter any recommends? Id want them waterproof as well as warm , looking at the ESP and the FOX brands but any users of either who could comment, thanks

I use the stash quilted through the summer and warmer autumn nights. Good comfortable fit and waterproof. Not warm enough on colder days though I switch over to trakker elements. I would like a look at the new esp 25k salopettes for colder days.

Snugpak salopettes... Richard Walker put me onto these years ago... I should have known tbh.

Hi, after some for the autumn/winter any recommends? Id want them waterproof as well as warm , looking at the ESP and the FOX brands but any users of either who could comment, thanks
I use the Drennan ones, which will be the same as the ESPs all bar a few details. I’ve got both quilted and normal, both are fantastic. They are extremely waterproof but have superior breathability compared to other brands I’ve used (Preston, Korum). I would say though the quilted are very warm, so if you are a very mobile angler they may be a bit too much. I only use the quilted in winter (not autumn), and find the normal suffice for the rest of the year.

Sam

Can't beat the Aldi ones for value and warmth, perhaps too warm on the milder days! I've had a pair for a few years and they are standing up far better than the Wychwood ones I had previously, also picked up another pair last time they were on sale as a future backup.

Back