• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

royal berkshire fisheries.

David Hall

next week, it's time to get over there, so, as i haven't fished it for donkeys, ideas?
which lake, bait, float, ledger, just want to catch a mixed bag.

If I was going I'd probably fish the waggler and spray maggots. Same as most commercials, the silvers will move in first and then hopefully the carp. Always a chance of a big roach or even a big perch but they do get targetted so you're probably best doing the above if you want to get bites on the day.

Pay for two rods and put one out as a sleeper on an alarm.

Prawns work for the perch, spray maggots to draw in the bait fish and the big stripeys won't be far behind, especially if your fishing close to cover.

Try larger halibut pellet or pepperami for the bigger carp with a pva bag of micro / gubber pellets as I'm sure boilies and groundbait are banned.

The left hand / main lake is best for the bigger carp, perch and roach. The middle lake also does big perch.

Go have a chat with the lads in the cafe when you arrive ( normally where you'll find the bailiff ) and they'll put you straight on recent catches / hot areas.

Hope that helps David.

Duncan.

Doesn't make much odds Dave, I fished there for the first time a few weeks back and is was really cold, but the group of experienced RBF anglers I was with still had a shed load of lovely fish (including stuff like roach to 2lb+ and a 3.10 perch...and double figure carp)..I even had a few myself.

Cheers, Dave.

Back