• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rover rods

dunt mean im going to get, the lets have a mooch with chas does it ,four miles and three asthma attacks later,its for tight swims and snags weasal:eek:

I snapped the top 12" off a 12' 2lb North Western last year, made me quite angry but i still used it on the day. . . . It was rubbish. :(

Used to have a 10ft Big River rods stalker on a Harrison blank which was a cracking rod. Handled barbel up to 13lb from tight pegs did absolutely everything I asked of it.
Sadly got line wrapped round the tip and a big sea trout on the end which means its 10 inches shorter now!
If you are going to buy a stalker I dont think 11ft is the ideal, you should be looking at something shorter. IMHO

This is what I bought a Hexagraph for and will never regret it

Mark,

Have a word with Bob - the 10ft stalker that I got off him is very nice.

Then you won't want to nick mine next time we meet on the bank!!

Dave

These rods are not really intended for stalking by me there for mooching with them being light and shorter and able to get in places that some of me other rods cant,there built by mark tunley and look like a nice peice of kit

I bought a ten foot 1.75tc rod a couple of seasons ago, made for me by Dave Lumb for exactly what you are doing Mark, it is a superb rod and will stop most fish you hook.

I have a rod made for me by Bob Gill also, a perch rod, i can speak for the quality of Bob's rods, they are first class.

Drop either of them a line mate, they will sort you out with a high quality piece of kit.

Back