• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod

Richard Burton

Sorry in advance for another rod post, but any recomendations for an 11ft 1.5t/c rod, after one for a bit of stalking on the Middle Severn, ie long walks away from it all with minimum gear.
I own a 11ft 1.75t/c fox and a 12ft 1.5t/c fox, but find the 12ft a little to forgiving in faster flows (ok around Worcester) but dont fancy it around Arley etc..., and im a bit worried the 1.75 will be a bit to stiff for 6 and 8lb hookinks.

Got me confused...you need to saw a bit off of one and add it to the other then I thinks you'll find the balance your after ?

Cheers
Jason

Thanks for that i'l go and get the saw.............
Nah that didnt work either.:p
I feel i prefere an 11ft rod, but the one i own is 1.75, and looking for a 1.5t/c that should be a little stiffer than the 12ft, as its shorter, (make sense)?

Do understand and couldnt find what I wanted myself so re built an 11ft rod splicing a new glass tip in what suited my type of fishing...could av spent the money on a new rod but I don't need any more and I had to be honest with me self when it comes to that

cheers
Jason

Same here really, think i could do with selling up a few and just getting what i need after a good waggle, Iv'e managed to thin down the match gear to just what i need,(well maybe just a bit more than is needed)

The Barbel Tamer is an excellent rod, and if you can afford one a Chimera Avon 11' 1.5lb tc would be just the job for you.

I've had both and still have the chimera avon and its a cracking tool

Worth looking at the 11ft torrid 1.75. Whilst the tc is higher than you want on paper, I thnk it probably fits the bill. Very crisp and slim blank.

Andy

Hi there,

Not sure what your budget is but a Torrix 11ft is a top bit of kit. I have a Mark Tunley made one in 1.75lb flavour and it's the best rod I have ever owned. You would not think it's 1.75 as it is a very sensitive in the top section but bend into it a bit more and the power comes in..

Top Kit

Regards.....Martin

Torrix 1.75 11'
Nice rod - sold quite a few of these. Also available with a 2lb tip in 11'.
Slimmer than it's 12' brothers.
Lots of Torrix variations avalable in 12' and 11', finally got a 11' 1.5 Torrix 'Avon' to try.
Cheers
Bob

nEVER OWNED A FREE SPIRIT OR HARRISON OR PEREGRINE, so noy sure how they feel, as said got a few fox variations, are the afore mentioned soft enough for 6 lb hook links when a fair amount of pressure via flow is applied, thats the reason i was looking for a 1.5, as my 11ft 1.75 doesent quite feel right without at least an 8lb hook length

If your still looking , torrix is the ultimate in barbel rods , second hand they can be bought at very reasonable price , try eBay ! Failing that , new 240.00 , good luck

torrix is the ultimate in barbel rods

Agreed, I have 4 of them and love all of them equally. What's the 11ft Gti like for rolling meat or stalking? Just got one and haven't had the chance to use it yet. I got the GTi specifically for roving on small rivers.

Conrad

Torrix is great if you've got the money.

Failing that I think the Wychwood rods are superb... but there are plenty around.

Back