• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod

Richard Burton

Any ideas of anyone for a suggested rod, after something for local canal carping, 11ft, 2 peice, with test curve of around 1lb or 1.5lb, dont want a quiver section just a single topped avon style, needs to be 11ft for carrage and only fishing the margins, and soft enouth to take 6 to 8lb lines without causing hook pulls
Had a look around on the net but not much about, please dont suggest the higher range of rods as it will only get used around 8 evenings a year for about 3hr sessions..

Browning 11ft syntec carp waggler, paint the tip white (or not), bingo a soft leger rod that can be used for everything from perch to carp.

Paul

Hi fellas
I just use my normal carp set up down the canal, depending on where your fishing, but the stretches round where i live there are quite alot of 20s and a few 30s, and you do need the gear to get them out of the snags.

Back