• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod sling

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself if you bought a fishing rod or an ornament. Bob's rods are works of art for sure, but they are made to be fished with. Take it out and enjoy it and try not to worry about it, at the end of the day if you knock a ring out you can always have a replacement fitted.

My thoughts exactly.

try researching 'Go outdoors', and see how many companies they have now taken over. True they are British....but it can't be in our best interests that one company controls so many others, and fishing seems all big conglomerates now.

I'm pretty sure that Go Outdoors don't own the vast bulk of the angling brands they stock. Pure Fishing brands (Shakespeare, JRC etc) are now their mainstays, but, as far as I'm aware, they don't own Pure Fishing. They also stock Shimano and Dynamite products. Both brands come under Shimano Normark UK. It's also worth noting that Go Outdoors used to sell Fox and Korda. For one reason or another, they don't any more.

I have the fox fx 12ft 3up 2down holdall its bulky and pricey but i carry 4 rods my landing net and pole bivvy mat banksticks. But if i go for a day session i just take the padded sleeve

I have never been a fan of going ready rigged.after looking at the river I rig up.gives me time to think.put the rod in a tube to transport it.i learned my lesson when I closed a car door after my fly rod had slipped down.
Albert

I'm pretty sure that Go Outdoors don't own the vast bulk of the angling brands they stock. Pure Fishing brands (Shakespeare, JRC etc) are now their mainstays, but, as far as I'm aware, they don't own Pure Fishing. They also stock Shimano and Dynamite products. Both brands come under Shimano Normark UK. It's also worth noting that Go Outdoors used to sell Fox and Korda. For one reason or another, they don't any more.

The two huge American companies Pure Fishing and Shakespeare merged in 2007 to become the worlds largest fishing tackle company...and it is they who have now taken over Greys/Hardy. The times they are a changin :D

Cheers, Dave.

The two huge American companies Pure Fishing and Shakespeare merged in 2007 to become the worlds largest fishing tackle company...and it is they who have now taken over Greys/Hardy. The times they are a changin :D

Cheers, Dave.

Go Outdoors already stock Chub kit. It wouldn't surprise me to see some odd bits of Greys in there in the future. I wonder if Pure will be stupid enough to totally devalue the Hardy brand?

Go Outdoors already stock Chub kit. It wouldn't surprise me to see some odd bits of Greys in there in the future. I wonder if Pure will be stupid enough to totally devalue the Hardy brand?

Probably

Personally it does not bother me one bit that Greys / Hardy have been taken over, the quality of some of their gear has really gone down the drain, some beach rods and spinning rods for example are renown for snapping, ( I know, I have one , never again ) and the " lifetime guarantee" is just a joke.

But their museum in Alnwick is very interesting .

Dave.

Not woke up yet.i know of the illness from rats.the yellow peril.i get the gist.i do not use the Chinese takeaway.i was in the bookies last week and a Chinese chap drew his winnings.i said so that's what a Chinese takeaway is then.not sure he liked the joke
Albert

Back